This is a fast pace game for review set to a soccer field. It's a noisy game that will get even the quieter students up and at 'em.
How to play:
Materials Needed: 1 game board, 1 big stack of vocabulary cards (words or pictures), a marker or something else to act as the "soccer ball", at least 2 students.
- place a marker in the center of the game board
- flash a reading card, flash card or what ever you're trying to review/solidify
- the first person from each team races to say the word/phrase and the fastest person gets to advance the marker for their team. If both students answer at the same time, quickly flash them another card. This is when the game gets exciting.
- After one student has come out the winner, these students move to the end of the line and the next students in line have a turn.
- Once a team reaches the goal they get one point.
For use on the board, blow the game board up to A3 size an pin the board to the board or simply draw the field on the board and use a magnet as your marker. This way all the students will be able to see how their team is doing.
If you like this game try my Football Game. It's the same concept just taken a little further and a nice step up in complexity once you've played the soccer game.
This game was supplied courtesy of K. & E. Busch at
|End User License Agreement: You are free to download any resource from this site as an end user and MES-English.com grants you an End User License with the following restrictions: You may not redistribute, copy, modify, transfer, transmit, repackage, charge for or sell any of the materials from this site. You may use photocopies or printouts for distribution to your students. MES reserves the right to terminate or make changes to this agreement for any reason and without notice.|