MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Keeping a record of what you have taught 
MES-Member

Post Keeping a record of what you have taught
Hi, I'm looking for a system, software or just ideas to keep track of what I have taught each group throughout my teaching week, month year etc.

I have many students throughout the week.

I want to know what software or tactics you use to keep track of what you have taught each lesson. So I don't have to try to remember or look back through the books to refresh my mind.

So for example I currently record everything on Excel. I have the group name, date of each lesson and work covered, any homework set and and additional comments. With over 100 students a week and 22 different groups or individuals, this has quickly become messy and I'm sure there must be a better system out there.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

Ben

Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Keeping a record of what you have taught
Ben - I guess I'm a bit old-school. I just have a notebook for each class and I keep track of what was taught, dates, and make any necessary notes in that. Each class has a curriculum or a textbook, so I use that as a guide and also as a reference for what has been taught.

I would imagine having to sit down and plug all that into a database would be redundant. Also, having to return to that database to find out what's next would also be an extra step (depending on the flexibility of access to your app or program.)

Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:57 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Thanks for the reply. I know what you mean, plugging the info in is another job that I don't really need!

I do prefer pen and paper for most tasks. However, I would need around 25 separate notebooks. If they would be small ones then I guess no problem.

It's something to think about, as I said my current Excel system is messy. I thought about using Evernote or something similar as it syncs on all devices, computer, phone and ipad. I usually have my Ipad if not my laptop with me for most lessons so checking the information is not a great problem.

Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:57 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

So I have been using my new system for a few weeks now - all good so far!

As suggested I bought some small notebooks and when I get home in the evening I spend only a few minutes writing down what I taught in the various groups, any homework set and any notes.

All in all I got 6 notebooks, and divided them into kids, business lessons, groups and adult individuals, private lessons etc.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]