MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
non-kiddie song for preschoolers 
MES-Member

Post non-kiddie song for preschoolers
Hi all,

I visit my son's preschool twice a month, and on my last visit the teacher asked me if we could work on teaching the kids a song to sing at their 'graduation' performance. The kids always sing a couple of Japanese songs, and the teacher always chooses fairly difficult non-kiddie songs like you hear at junior and senior high school chorus contests. Right now they are working on "Sekai ni Hitotsu Dake no Hana" by SMAP.

She gave as an initial suggestion "Sing a Song" by the Carpenters I think, and its probably a pretty good one for them, as their English is pretty much nil. I'm wondering if there are any other suggestions out there that would also work; something with fairly simple lyrics, and a fair amount of repetition. These kids are pretty good at just mimicking until they actually remember, and I doubt they actually understand everything they sing in Japanese, so I'm concerned more about the ease of the words than a simple meaning.

Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]