MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
a quick hello and a question! 
MES-Member

Post a quick hello and a question!
hello, this is my first visit to the forum although i have been using some of the resources, which i find extremely useful. I am currently half way through my online tefl, as i live in rural Thailand an in-class course was not an option. I have been offered a 3 month position in a local school even though i have not finished my tefl, they just want a native speaker to stand at the front and talk! I also have a lot of local families that want me to teach their children in the evenings. anyway i will stop waffling now! could anyone suggest some fun activities and Q/a for body parts, and also telling the time? i have taken on board some of the activities on the games forum here, and will definitely be using them
regards
ade

Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: a quick hello and a question!
welcome to the forums! :smt006

Wow! It sounds like you've found plenty of work there. That's great! But, those request to just 'be there' and speak English are pretty tough. Planning a class with no goals or objectives on the part of the administration is quite frustrating. However, take it into your own and think about the freedom you've been given to decide the goals and objectives and that same situation is quite nice. You are not restricted by someone else's demands or expectations.

I'm not sure of the age group, but for body parts and telling time, you could use the body parts flash cards or telling time flash cards and do any of the flash card games: bingo, concentration, slap, last card out, etc.

members have posted some other ideas for these as well:
telling time ideas
body parts activities

I hope that helps and let us know what you ended up doing.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:24 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Post Re: a quick hello and a question!
many thanks for the reply. sorry i have taken my time in replying, but at the moment we are experiencing big floods here in prachin buri, Thailand.The kids i will be teaching are low level with a few problems thrown into the mix, so i will have my work cut out! thanks for the links and i'm sure that i will be a regular visitor :)
regards

Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]