MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Making a Curriculum 
MES-Member

Post Making a Curriculum
Hi to all, raw newbie here. I have 2 multi lingual children who were my inspiration for me taking up my first teaching post in the NE of Thailand 6 months ago. Its been a great experience and I have most probably learnt more than my students.
I now have an opportunity to work in a Thai school that has no curriculum and my students will be ages 10-12. I have used material from various websites in my experiments and most provide better stimulation than the Thai curriculum. What I would like to ask members of this forum is, If they were making a curriculum for students who knew next to no English where would they start?
I believe after playing a major part in my own childrens learning of English that websites like this one are a massive asset for anyone who wants to impart their native tongue onto somebody who wants to learn English.
My problem is being a little green and after reading many threads on here I have picked up some great tips (thanks all) but dont really know in what order I should be teaching ie. vocabulary, adjectives, verbs etc.
I have my own ideas but I am looking for some reassurance from seasoned pros. Please can somebody list me, from day one introduction, their believe of what would be the best order of lesson plans. Links are useful, I am not asking you to do the work for me, but a list order will help me greatly

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:05 pm
Site Admin

welcome to the forums and while your new job may seem a little daunting, it sounds exciting.

Have you looked at the MES speaking first curriculum for ESL? That might give you some ideas on where you could start.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]