MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
English Speaking 
Post English Speaking
Hi all,
I can understand English and can write English.But i can not speak Engilsh.I tried but i can't.Please tell me what i should do so that i can speak English easily.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:38 pm
MES-Zealot!

The best answer for you is probably to find yourself a native English speaker and talk with that person as much as possible. If necessary, hire a native English speaker for conversation lessons.

Put your books and papers down and start talking and listening.

Best of luck.
Steve

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Post Re:
smy2brazil wrote:
The best answer for you is probably to find yourself a native English speaker and talk with that person as much as possible. If necessary, hire a native English speaker for conversation lessons.

Put your books and papers down and start talking and listening.

Best of luck.
Steve

I totally agree with you! To speak English normally you must practice your English pronunciation almost every day, because it is not just enough to know English grammar and to have a rich vocabulary in your head.. The best way to practice English is to speak with some native English speaker or to practice by yourself, like repeating some words loudly when you are alone...

Mon May 27, 2013 5:56 pm
MES-Member

Post Re: English Speaking
The only way to improve Speaking is to speak, speak, speak. You need to practice every day. Practice until you can "think in English". In other words practice until English is part of your muscle memory. Speaking a language is a "Learned Skill" just like playing sports.

To get better at a "Learned Skill", you have to practice. Just like playing basketball. When you first started playing basketball, you were not too good. But, with practice you get better... you are developing your "muscle memory.

So, Practice, Practice, Practice.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:05 pm
MES-Member

In addition to practicing with a native speaker, find English songs you like and sing along to them. Also, listen to recordings of books. Have the text with you and follow along. Use your finger to focus on the word being said and you say the word out loud. But there is no substitution for practicing with a native speaker. Keep trying!

Sun May 04, 2014 6:02 am
MES-Member

As the adage goes, "Practice makes a man perfect", you should just try to practice speaking in English as much as possible. Try selecting some topics of your choice and make a small conversation draft ready at hand. You can use it to practice with an imaginary friend. Another option is to get those Spoken English CDs available at book stores and practice as much as possible. In that way you can even track your progress.

Happy learning! :)

Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]