MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Where are you? Sign the post 
MES-Member

Post Canadian...
I'm Lena from Ottawa, Canada originally. I'm currently in Seoul, Korea, and having lots of fun teaching to 5th and 6th graders at an elementary school.

Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:03 pm
MES-Member

Post Oh, yeah...
Sorry...i forgot...

I found this site totally by accident one day while looking for some clip art to make some flashcards....and after seeing Mark's creations (which TOTALLY put my feable efforts to shame) I did a little happy dance and started downloading EVERYTHING! I love it! My students really like the cartoon images so much more than the boring stuff that comes with their text books!!
Mark, you rock!
Thanks for everything!
Lena
PS: i think i've told everyone i've met (whether they are teachers or not :-D ) about your site!!!

Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:08 pm
MES-Fanatic!

Hi I'm Cynde from Maine USA and living in Finland. I joined a week or so ago. I was surfing for something, I forget what, and bumped into this site. I totally agree with Lena, Mark you ROCK and I can't wait to find out the conclusion to the continuing stoooory...on one of these threads about how you wound up where you are today.
I go back to work on Monday and I will be dazzling my kids with a bunch of new stuff!
Great work and so appreciated!!! :smt060 :smt060 :smt060 :smt060
Cynde in Helsinki (well almost)

Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:02 pm
MES-Zealot!

Post Where are you? Sign the post
Hi there! :smt039 My name is Karen. I've been using your site for about a year now and thought it's time to sign up!! I love your games and flashcards. They're great! I check back every now and then to see what's new. I wait with great anticipation for more wonderfully useful material!

I used to live in Toyohashi, Aichi-ken, where I taught English at various schools, mostly jukus. I taught all ages, from 3 years to adult, but mostly taught elementary school. I lived there for about 3 years. My Japanese language is very good..... if I may say so myself :wink:

I'm from Adelaide, Australia, and that's where I am now, teaching part-time to Japanese exchange students. I love my job!! :D I get to use my Japanese skills and teaching skills, and meet some great people. My students are from 2nd year junior high to 2nd year senior High School.

I look forward to "chatting" again!

Eikaiwa no sensei

Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:41 pm
MES-Fanatic!

SEE! Cynde from Maine is still wondering too about Mark's there-abouts. He still hasn't told us how he wound up where he did. I had surrendered all hopes of ever finding out his secrets, but she's rattled the box again. So Mark, when are ya gonna tell us?
Cynde's the dancer. Ah, dancing! How I love to watch dancers. My mom and I are the watchers. Mom's now in a wheelchair. She was born an immigrant and raised on immigrant grub, sickly-sweet stuff like American white bread smothered with either maple syrup, white sugar, or gravy. They hardly ever had meat. She grew and grew, literally, making the Giant at the top of Beanstalk look like the bean Jack tossed.
But Mom would so have loved to dance! Instead of dancing, she'd be content to watch. She always feared that she might kill someone if she step on his toes. Dancing with her, she claimed, is more like trying to dance with the largest, most immovable, unbendable oak tree in the forest.
That's why, Cynde, my mom and I admire you!

Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:02 pm
MES-Fanatic!

Wow I'm impressed! But MY old mom, age 75, started dancing last year and really loves it! It's never too late! (immigrant from where ? to where?) Good for the soul, dancing is.
Cynde

"All the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that
fill the history books, all the political blunders, all
the failures of the great leaders, have arisen merely
from a lack of skill in dancing." Molière (1622 - 1673)

:smt081 :smt005 No dance smileys.

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:51 am
MES-Fanatic!

It's true. He has no dance smileys, coz I had searched for one too. (doesn't he have someone hobbling around on crutches, though?)

From where to where? Well, they boated over from the Netherlands and set their tent up in Western Michigan. (no tent, of course. You can't take every word I write for God's Truth). Mom told us these astounding stories of how they adjusted, the most heart-warming tales I have ever heard.

But her dancing days are over, squeezed into her wheelchair. I did have a mini-tiny aunt, though, who, never having learned to drive, picked up a set of car keys soon after her husband died, just before she turned 70. Next thing you know, she was driving across the continent on her way to California! Heigh-ho!

In the place my mom is now, they line up the wheelchairs and do wheelchair dancing. It may not sound exciting to our legs, but she actually enjoys it. I guess she has learned to make the best out of what you have. A day at a time.

Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:00 pm
MES-Fanatic!

There ya go! There are often wheel chair-dancers on the floor! Great!
Cynde

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:49 pm
MES-Member

I'm from Toronto, Canada, but I'm currently living in Paris, France where I teach English at two private schools, with students ranging in age from 2-13. Before we left Canada I taught grade 3 at a public school, but I find that teaching ESL is a completely different ball game!

This site is great, and I hope to make more use of all the great resources this year.

Torie :)

Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:04 am
MES-Fanatic!

Yes it's a whole different ball game. I am a native language upkeep teacher so my lessons are differnt, too. They started today (school started last week) so I have been right out straight lately! 'Normal' will start next week some time, whatever that is!!
Cynde in Helsinki

Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:56 am
MES-Member

Post where are you
My name's Liza, I'm from Yorkshire, England and I live in Catalonia Spain.
This is the first time i've ever joined a forum except for the open university UK.
I don't know the rules of baseball.....but will find out so i can use your lovely cards. Can't wait to play Eigomon. Thankyou.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:58 am
Site Admin

Liza - Welcome to the forums and I'm really glad you decided to join in! :smt026
The jumpy guy for no reason. I just love that emoticon.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:42 am
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

Hello, my name is Gaby and I am from Mexico. I work at a very good English school in my country...I teach adults, teenagers and kids too. I have been a teacher for 9 years.
I found this site while surfing the net and I just love it!!!! I have gotten great ideas here...so THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH .

Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:09 am
MES-Member

Post hello!
Hi!
I am happy to join the forum at this fantastic site that Mark has created - thanks again!
I am from the US (originally from Miami, FL and most recently living in Santa Cruz, CA) and I am teaching English (for the first time) in a small town in Quintana Roo, Mexico called Felipe Carrillo Puerto.
I've been looking through the posts and there seems to be a lot of great advice from some very interesting people. I look forward to more. :wink:

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:33 am
MES-Addict

Post Hello from Spain!
My name is Loly and I come from Spain. I teach English in a secondary school.

I found this site by chance while surfing the internet trying to find some appealling material for my students.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next