MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Japanese Resumes 
MES-Zealot!

Post Japanese Resumes
This is an off-the-wall question...

Has anyone ever written a Japanese resume? Besides it should be handwritten, I'm totally clueless as to what they look like.

Can anyone give me any insights?

Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:12 pm
Site Admin

You can get the resume form at a local stationary shop, but you don't have to write everything in by hand. There are sites that have the same form for download. (Typing is OK.)

You'll also need to submit a picture with each resume. I'd suggest the local photo shop. The pictures look much nicer than the passport picture machines.

I don't know much more than that. I've handed in a few resumes in Japan, but for the most part it was just a formality. (I already had the job. It was just a matter of meeting me.)

Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Zealot!

I found a ton of resources online but all of them kinda looked a little...eeeerrr...uuummm....elementary? Nothing cool like an English resume or CV.

Oh well! I guess if you want anything done right, you've got to do it yourself... 8)

Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:37 pm
MES-Fanatic!

being that it was all japanese, my wife wrote it up. But it seemed that the resume is supposed to be more about you, than your work history or desire. Meaning, what your hobbies are, food you like, etc. Other than that, Ive typed every Japanese resume Ive submitted.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:10 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]