MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Presenting a workshop... 
MES-Addict

Post Presenting a workshop...
Hello.

I hope you guys can help me out. I need to present a workshop at my school (to other teachers) and I am clueless....I have no idea on what to present .Some other teachers already talked about Vocabulary, Reading, Ice breakers....Games......and I am next. Any ideas ???PLEASEEEEEEEE :?

Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:33 am
Site Admin

I would probably do something on using technology. Maybe how to use videos in class or even using music. There are still a lot of other areas tha weren't covered by your colleagues: phonics, dictation TPR, role-plays, chants, on-line programs, chat, blogs, exchange projects ...

If any of those seems interesting I can elaborate on some of the things I have done and hopefully give you some ideas.

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:42 am
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

The workshop should be about an hour.....we do not have a t.v. room nor Internet/computer room at school, so I guess that shortens the possibilities. I don't know maybe about phonics or dictation TPR...or exchange projects.That sounds different to what has been presented, again I don't know where to start. If you could guide me and tell me where I can find information and/or how I can design it. I really appreciate your help and time. THANKS.

Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:30 am
MES-Addict

Hello!!!! Anybody else has any ideas on what kind of workshop I can present? Maybe you attended an interesting one recently and can give me a suggestion.

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!!!

Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:37 am
Site Admin

What about introducing some writing acitivity ideas?

I have a post here somewhere about creating a narrative but it's based on the Mt. Diamonte exchange project. It basically gives students freedom to create a narrative arround a simple flexible structure and then deals with language and lexical items as they appear. This is supposed to be a much better way for students to acquire language, especially if you can get them to do their negotiations in English. You could then have the participants try to think of different story models they might use with their students in the same manner.

I also have other projects that involve writing in the V-key Pals section. You could discuss how to complete project exchanges using these resources or others like them. They are great motivators.

I use www.eslflow.com a lot for creating theme lesson units. He has a great collection of links based around themes and you could do a presentation on that. 'Making the most of theme units'

Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

Well thanks a lot Mark. These ideas you have given me are going to help me a lot, really!!! And well I will let you know how it goes once I have presented it...so wish me luck!!!

take care...bye

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:03 am
MES-Addict

Post project
I'm doing some kind of little projects for each term. One is about "animal classification" , another "traditional british songs or nursery rhymes", another one is about maths.....etc. I think, depending on the time , you can work any aspect of the language through these projects which are really attractive for students. How about "arts and crafts??" or "festivities"? One thing for sure, you need to spend much time on the net to get material.

Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]