MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
How do you play Space Evaders? 
MES-Member

Post How do you play Space Evaders?
Hello!!
I've just printed out the space Evaders board game, but I don't have any instructions (or did I miss them?)
Could you please tell me how ot os played (I have some ideas, though)
Perhaps I didn't see the instructions....... Can you help me?
Thank you very much!!!

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:20 am
Site Admin

Sorry, I often don't explain. I'm one of those people who tend to explain games by playing, so writing out directions is a real drag. That was one of the reasons I opened up forums on the site. I needed a place to write little bits here and there without having to put it on the main site. Also, I already feel the site is a lot to read. On to Space Evaders or the HoneyComb Challenge.

I play one of two ways:

1. Straight Up

Use one di and single markers for each student in the group. They roll the dice and move around the board according to the number rolled and the first to the finish wins!
    - you can have them name all the items as they move.
    - you can have them make a sentence for the item in the space they land on.
    - if it's animals for instance, you can have them compare the item they left and the item they land on. 'A bear is bigger than a mouse.'
    - You can have them sequence events based on where they left and where they landed. 'I was at the supermarket, and then I went to the library.'

2. the One Breath Game

Each student has a game board or can see a game board. We all take one deep breath and start. In one breath the students see how far along the board they can progress before they have to take another breath.

We log their progress and try again. If they can beat their old record, they get a point/sticker. You can play again and again. The students will repeat the items/sentences over and over and over and love it!

This version should be played just naming the vocabulary or making very short easy sentences. 'Gorrilas are strong. Rabbits are cute. Frogs are ugly. ...' as well as 'This is ...' or 'I like/don't like ...' for example.

I print out both versions, pictures and words. I laminate them back to back, so the picture version is on one side and the word version is on the other.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:32 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Post Space Evaders, THANKS!!
Dear Mark,
Thank you very much!! _Sorry for some mistakes in spelling, but my keyboard has lost most of it letters, so sometimes it is difficult to see what you are typing!
You are terrific!!
Keep it up!
Best regards,
Karyb

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]