MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
house flashcards with authentic reading 
MES-Zealot!

Post house flashcards with authentic reading
I'm so glad I found this site! I remember visiting when you first started and loved the materials. It's been awhile and I am BLOWN away by all the new materials you have added. Definitely a treasure chest for any language teacher.

I just thought I would share how I used your house theme. I taught the vocabulary using the Random Numbers games I posted earlier. Then in pairs students played Tic Tac Toe. They arrange their cards in 4x4 grid. The first person says vocabulary (or sentence if you are practicing patterns) and turns his card over vertically. The second person does the same but only turns his card over horizontally. After a set time limit, they get one point for any 3 in a row cards.

I ended the theme with the fun book, We Eat Dinner in the Bathtub. It's a great book to review simple verbs and rooms in the house.

http://www.amazon.ca/Dinner-Bathtub-Ang ... F8&s=books

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]