MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
new and improved games 
MES-Member

Post new and improved games
Everyone has a game or activity that they improved upon, or even created themselves. Personally, I like sharing them. It is a good feeling when you see the kids not only enjoying the game, but using the target English without acting like they are being tortured when they use it.

a good example is Battle ship. As a star wars fan, I changed the name to space wars. each ship fits into only one square, of coarse you will have more ships. Each student gets three bombs to strategically attack with during the game. these bombs not only blow up the chosen square, but all of the squares surrounding it.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:38 am
MES-Member

Post Re: new and improved games
I just came up with a game using the get'em cards. kind of like a live RPG game.
(An ”I can” RPG English activity game.

I can use the junken cards as the fighting cards.
The students will start out with 2 cards each. And 5 dollars.
They will ask another student, “can you ….?” Then throw down their cards the winner puts their card back into their hand and the loser leavers their card on the desk. And then they play again, until one of the students loses all of their cards.

When one student loses, the winner gets to pick a card from the losers hand and keep it.
When they get a certain amount of cards the have to defeat a boss (teacher)
If they defeat the boss, they win.

I can eventually add onto this game like giving them clues to follow and treasure to find.

Reason for the money; They can buy wild cards. Wild cards are like magic. They can hand them in to kill up to 5 of their enemy’s cards or to replenish up to 5 of their own. )

Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]