MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Talking about Japanese things Activity... 
MES-Member

Post Talking about Japanese things Activity...
Hi there,

I'm doing a lesson to teach students how to talk about Japanese things in English. But....I'm a little stuck. I've got a few ideas: I'll do a pairwork crossword and finish with a quiz. I was wondering if anyone has another activity (possibly a card game?) that could be fun and practice grammar such as, "we use/wear it ~", "It's made from ~"?

The kind of things i want to get the student talking about are Kimono, Geta, Kotatsu, Oshibori etc...

Anyway, sorry this is very Japan centric. If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful.

Cheers

Paul

Thu May 23, 2013 3:44 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Talking about Japanese things Activity...
My first thought is some sort of guessing game. In small groups one person will take a card and explain the item listed on the card . The first person to correctly guess the item gets a point or just collects the card.

What's the class like? Is this a full 30+ public school class or is this a private, small group?

Thu May 23, 2013 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Post Re: Talking about Japanese things Activity...
Thanks for your reply!

Class is about 16 students, second grade in a private high school. Groups sounds better than what I was thinking (whole class mingling) . Just to explain the word would be too difficult for most students however. Needs to be more structured Q & A. Or maybe I can put facts about each item on the cards. Sorry, I'm thinking out loud on here...

Thu May 23, 2013 10:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]