MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Ideas for card games and such. 
MES-Zealot!

Post Ideas for card games and such.
Last time I was in the States, I got a couple of mini card games from Sonic with the kids meal. I just packed them away. My son is too young to really play card games, other than matching right now.

I tried a couple of them out with some English students and they were a hit. So I went to the website of the company that made the games and discovered they have MANY games and full PDF instructions.

If you are like me, there is not an easy way to get American games imported to your classroom, but some of the games are just basic rules with unique artwork. The rules can be adapted slightly and any number of vocab, or whaever-Town cards can be used.

Here is the page... go get inspired. http://www.gamewright.com/gamewright/in ... page=rules

Here are a couple that look like they are worth importing or getting someone to bring on their next visit.
Rory's Story Cubes
Who Would Win

Sun May 29, 2011 6:25 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Those are cool. The story cubes game works like the Skit Kit a bit except you can role the dice to get new combinations rather than shuffling the cards and drawing a new set. You could also use the dice maker from Tools for Educators to make your own dice if you like that idea.

The idea for debating who would win is great for more advanced students. I have done that with Eigomon but that uses the card data and only for one hypothetical situation, "Who would win in a fight?".

Did anyone else find some cool games in the list? How would you adapt them or use them with your groups?

Sun May 29, 2011 8:35 am
Profile WWW
MES-Zealot!

Captain Clueless looks like a very borrowable game idea. Might be a good to mix with treasure island or something. I could imagine using this idea on the whiteboard.

http://www.gamewright.com/gamewright/in ... e&show=223

Sun May 29, 2011 9:06 am
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

Thanks for the link, looks like there are some cool games on there. Had a look at a couple of games, will have to come back and check out more when i get some time.

Thanks again,

Mon May 30, 2011 2:57 pm
MES-Member

the link is very useful and there are a lot of games...I wish I coulb buy the dice too. but it is too expensive to ship. thanks for sharing.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]