MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
skiing 
MES-Addict

Post skiing
In order to explain this game you have to download the phonics footprints found at this website: ABC footsteps http://kizclub.com/activities.htm Phonics Footprints http://kizclub.com/phonicsactivities.htm. Get yourself familiar with the Footprints.

once you have prepared these, there are a million ways to use them. my personal favorite is I lay them on the ground in a successive form so that they are taking one step in front of the other, saying the sound on each footprint as they go. make sure that at the end they have one foot each on a separate footprint as if they were skis. I then motion them to squat and I grab their arms and pull them around in circles. They Freak out with excitement when i do this. It may not work on carpet, I don't know. I have hardwood floors so it works like a charm, and they love sliding around.

I feel a little wierd plugging something that isn't from Mes-English, but this game is so fun I have to. Sorry Mark.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

There's no problem with telling people about something cool on another site and giving ideas on how to use them. What gets deleted is obvious spam or people just posting "hey, check out my blog!"

On the game front, the same game can be played with any card. You could use the alphabet flashcards from MES or any other flashcard for practicing something else. That is if you don't mind kids stepping on and sliding around on your flashcards. I personally couldn't handle it :D

The footprint on the cards does make explaining the game a bit easier, I would think.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]