MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Writing games 
MES-Fanatic!

Post Writing games
Does anyone know of some good writing games? My class has 30 students and we really need to practice writing words as a fun activity. I am already doing lots of worksheet type activities. What I need is some ideas for games.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:25 pm
MES-Fanatic!

Okay today I played a writing game which worked quite well. It is a game called 5 in a row (which is basically a bigger version of tic tac toe).

I gave each pair of students a big grid (8x8) and had one student write in pencil and one in pen. The took it in turns to write one of the words from the textbook which we had been studying and the winner was the first one to get five words written in a row.

The students enjoyed it and it got them practicing writing words without feeling like it was studying.

Interestingly only boys won - the girls at this age (4th grade elementary) don't seem to be very good at strategy!

I am still hoping for some more ideas if anyone has any.

Thanks.

Mon May 17, 2010 2:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]