MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Halloween mask activity 
MES-Fanatic!

Post Halloween mask activity
Hey Mes crowd am looking for halloween mask printables... any one know of a good site?? Mark??

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:03 pm
MES-Addict

I found a site with Halloween printables, not only masks, but pictures as well. Some of them can be used for masks as well, I think.
The site is in German, but I don't think this will cause any problems.

http://www.gratismalvorlagen.com/feste/halloween.php

Happy Halloween! :wink:

Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:29 pm
MES-Addict

These are preety good for children. Maybe you could check them out.

http://kizclub.com/craft/masks.pdf

In my country haalloween is not celebrated so I will use them just to bring the spirit. :D

Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:59 pm
Site Admin

I'm sure if you do a Google search, you'll find quite a few sites with printable masks, but I think it's better to let the students use some creativity.

If you make a few samples where you've drawn your own mask face and cut it out, the students will be able to put something together. You will also have a lot of chance to use language associated with faces and the act of drawing, coloring, and thinking about their mask.

If you do decide to let the students make their own, you should go in with a few samples, because some students won't be used to being creative and some just aren't. They'll need something to mimic. Also, don't bring in anything too nice. The students will get discouraged that they can't make anything that good or they'll be upset with theirs because they didn't turn out as good as the samples.

Not that printed masks are bad either. So, if anyone knows of any good links, let us know.

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

On the same web page are these monsters, I find them interesting. Thay can be used like hand puppets:

http://kizclub.com/craft/monster.pdf

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:11 pm
MES-Fanatic!

Hey thanks keepie and snowflake... Mark the problem is that I will have 2, 1st grade classes at the same time, which means dealing with scissors and glue and all that with 56 1st graders ... well you get the picture.. So after talking to the homeroom teachers we decided just to do a coloring.... I yahooed some masks but not very good ones came up.... will do google and try the other sites that were suggested...

Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]