MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
One on One Games 
MES-Addict

Post One on One Games
I have a 3rd grade boy, went to an English pre-school so has a decent grasp of English, 2 hours, mom doesn't want book, what are some good one on one games that take a lot of time? Already made the dice and did criss cross, honeycomb chgallenge, UNO, go fish using sports cards, BINGO. Thanks

Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:40 pm
Site Admin

Get 4 would also be OK if he can read.

the English Tycoon takes a really long time to play :) and offers a lot of practice potential.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

Post Bombs Away
Bombs Away was nothing short of Fantastic! I'll try Othello. For him I'll have to lighten up the connect 4 game a bit. I think your examples are a little tough for him at the moment. Thanks.
Mark, thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it. I am just gettin set up here in Aichi. Only been 2 months. Still in the red but I have 41 students. (Wife, 2 kids, kindergarten, diapers etc.) Once I get on the plus side I'll try to make a donation. Thanks again for all your effort. Really took a lot of my stress away.

Benny

Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Bombs Away
nagoyaben wrote:
Mark, thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it. I am just gettin set up here in Aichi. Only been 2 months. Still in the red but I have 41 students. (Wife, 2 kids, kindergarten, diapers etc.)

Benny - I'm glad the materials are going over well.

41 students in just 2 months. That's great! You're also coming up on another sign-up period. Late August and September are times when people start up new activities, here anyway.

Good luck with the new school!

Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:51 am
Profile WWW
MES-Fanatic!

Post marks football game
I sometimes use the football game which you can find in the games section here on marks site.
Just print off some cards, pick a card each, ask a question, such as, can you play the piano? whatever level your student is at, then both of you janken, and the winner can move his coin forward towards the goal.
you outta try Othello. kids love that game. my students always enjoyed that game.
Concentration is another good game.
go fish.
battleships.
unscramble it is a great game too. which you can find here on the site.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]