MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Say Theirs Game 
MES-Member

Post Say Theirs Game
Hi Mark,

Can I ask a question to you or anyone who has played the 'Say Theirs' Game you suggest on the website. When you write:

"When the suits match (heart-heart) the students race to say the others word first"

What are the suits that are matching? I take it the card drawn and one other but I'm not sure what other it would be matching to.

Is it when the student who draws the card draws the same word as they have chosen at the beginning? Then all students race to say the sentence if they have remembered? Or is it when 2 students have the same card showing - and then the race is just between these two students?

How many packs of cards do you use to play this game say for a group of 6?

Thanks,

Sat May 09, 2009 2:54 am
Site Admin

I usually play this with a regular deck of playing cards. So you'll have hearts, diamonds, spades and clovers. So, if I draw a 3 of diamonds and you have a 7 of diamonds open in front of you, we (only you and I) race to say each other's word. If I can say your vocabulary word faster, I get your cards and keep them as points.

With a group of six one deck of playing cards will be enough. I've also played with little alphabet cards, but you have to use only A-G for example. If you have too many different cards, the cards never match up and there's no languge practice going on.

Uno cards also work well.

Does that make more sense?

My students all love this game and I like that in doing this they practice speaking while someone else is speaking.

Sat May 09, 2009 7:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]