MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Taking profit of the MES flashcards. 
MES-Addict

Post Taking profit of the MES flashcards.
Hi, I'm a teacher using the Surprise books from Oxford editions. In this case, Surprise 1 and Surprise 2.
In Surprise 2 unit 5, it mixes pets with parts of the house. So I've printed 6 parts of the house (kitchen, garden, garage, living room, bedroom and bathroom) in large flashcard format and then i've laminated them. Once laminated, I've stuck on them velcro (a hoop and loop material) and also to six pets (horse, dog, cat, hamster, fish and parrot). The hamster and the parrot had to be searched in another place but, well, that's not the matter.
So, if I stick the dog in the garage, the students may use the sentence "The dog is in the garage". If I stick the fish in the bathroom, students say "The fish is in the bathroom". Once they've practised it, they can do it by themselves using pair work. Later, they can stick the photos of their classmates so they can say "Jacke is in the Kitchen" or "Pablo is in the garden". It's been so motivating and wonderful. Highly recomendable!

Carles.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]