MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Big Town cards 
MES-Member

Post Big Town cards
Use these cards in my 5th and 6th grade conversation class today. Let them sit in two circles one facing in and one facing out, opposite each other. Opposite partners played rock paper scissors to see who would start. Each student had 6 cards. Winner had to introduce themselves and ask height, weight, etc(students choice). The student with highest value won the card! they then rotated to next student. This awesome set cards just saved my conversation class from dieing!! The kid cant wait for monday to continue. I will be bringing in yes No question next! :D :D :D

Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:35 pm
MES-Addict

Post Nice idea
I really liked your message on how we can use the Big town cards. I use the high town cards too. These cards have loads of ways they can be used. We just need some imagination to create new games and role play versions of the material. I like using the high town cards, where kids pretend they are the person on the card and they do a mingling activity and go around interviewing and meeting other children. As they mingle around the room they have to write down on a table (which I have prepared beforehand) the information they have discovered from each interview. They get a lot of oral practise this way. The things you can do are endless. Happy teaching :)

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]