MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Speak-opoly while earning the points for high/little town 
MES-Member

Post Speak-opoly while earning the points for high/little town
Hi Mark, wanted to thank you for your website and all the great resources you have made available to all of us. Just like many others am also looking forward to get a copy of the little town. Getting my students to speak has been a huge challenged. But since its imperative that I get them to speak ASAP i came up with my own board game. I haven't try it yet. But It is targeting two mayor points addressing the numbers and the confusion among spanish speakers such as differenciating between thirteen and thirty and so on and reviewing and reinforcing the adjectives. Well, here it goes:

Using the adjective cards from this website draw a gameboard just as the one for monopoly where the adjectives are the properties. I have taught the preposition of place and am using them in the chance and community chess part...such as move behind 3 spaces, move in between pretty and ugly neighboorhood....

the adjective cards are not only marking the board but they serve as the tittle deeds and have their rent price printed in the back which ss received once the purchase the property.

to use the time effectively, am going to hand out at the beginning of the game the tittle deeds and they would pay immediately for them, I will set the time to 30 mins. and the winner is whoever gets richer in that time counting their properties and cash at hand at the end of this time.

if anyone is interested I could e-mail this boardgame. still you will need to print out the adjectives cards so if you have access to an old monopoly board feel free to use it, since what i like the most of this idea its the flexibility......

Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]