MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
the slapping game 
MES-Fanatic!

Post the slapping game
hello there,i just want to share my experience with the "slapping game" i read that somewhere and cant recall who sent it,,,sorry.All i can say is,,,,its a great way to end a lesson, cos i have been teaching countries,and for the last 5 mins of the lesson,i totally didnt know what to do, and i remembered this game, so i let the kids look at the map for a couple of minutes, then we played by saying " i`m from ~" whilst slapping their hands on the table. You slap your right hand and say " I`m" then as you slap your left hand you say "from" then a country,then the next student has to mention a different country. If they stutter or hesitate then i usually counted to three to give them a chance and if they couldnt answere they had to put one hand behind their back,this was great fun,.You can do anthing,,,,,use fruits,,, "i like grapes" etc. try it, kids loved it.

Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:32 pm
MES-Member

Post Thanks!
This is a great simple but fun idea! Thanks,

Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]