MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Time/schedule game 
MES-Zealot!

Post Time/schedule game
I posted thjis in respomse to a query under suggetions deedback, but I thought it should go here as well. Following are two games involving time.

I'm pretty sure I talked about the 1st one before, but the second one is new.

As for games with time you could use the chores, daliy activities/routines, school subjects in the following ways.

First write various times on the board or on a sheet of paper. Give the students a list of the activities/subjects/etc. and have the students write down the times that they do different things.

Next either one on one or in groups have the kids ask their partner or the other team if they do something at a certain time. If they guess correctly they get a point.

Example. Student A: "Do you have math at 3:00? Student B: No, I don't.
Then it is student B's turn.

You can either do it for a set time or until one student/team has correctly guessed when the other does or has the various things.

I like to do it as teams, because then the members of the asking team have to listen to the question and the asnwer so they don't ask the same question.

If you do it as teams you can either have one sheet for the whole team or a different sheet for each member. With the second option they really have to listen well. (Not that it really happens that often.)

The 2ND option is for you to make up sheets with the activities/subects and times.

Make enough for each student and have sheets that match. (There should be at least 2 matching sets for each schedule.)

The students have to go around asking when people do/have stuff. With this game they are trying to find people who have the same schedue as them.

The first 2 students (or more if you like) who find the people with the same schedule win.

I just thought of this second game as I was replying to this text, so I haven't tried it yet, but it should work. (Except for those of you who teach middle school and older students who don't like to move around.

You can either have all the schedules very similar for a long game or vastly different for a short game.

* My kids like to cheat to win or get the activity over quickly. I can already picture some of them just showing each other their schedules, so I might have one student stand up and ask someone else a question.

Again this can be good because it will encourage others to listen so they can learn if either the student asking or answering has the same schedule as them This would also work for the kids that don't like to move around.

Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]