MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
game board and coin toss 
MES-Zealot!

Post game board and coin toss
Okay for those of you who want to expand on Mark's wonderful gamesboards on toolsforeducators.com, here is what I did.

I printed out blank game board (http://bogglesworldesl.com/ has a nice one, though you will need to enlarge it.) and then I cut a pasted various images that I wanted to use. I like this board beacuse there are quite a few spaces so the games last a good bit of time.

It does take some time to cut and paste, but the finished prduct is well worth it. Also, the board is a MSword document, so you can drop you own images/text in and save on the cutting and pasting.

Coin toss: for this game I printed out a blank target (I printed the master copy months ago and have forgotten wwhere I fould it, ut jsut do an on-line search and I'm sure you'll find something.) I assigend different point values to the various rings of the target and inside each ring I cut and pasted some images.

I ask the sudents a question and they then toss the coin or vice versa and they asnwer accoroding to what image the coin landed on. If the coin doesn't land on part of the traget they lose their tuen, to avoid this you can place the target in a b4 paper box lid and this gaurantees the coin will land on something.

Also, if the coin lands on 8pts, but they forget part of the grammar, but get the vocabuallry right then I give them partial points

I made both my board games and targets on b4 and then I pasted them back to back and laminated them. For the most part Iused the same images on both boards that way I can use one game one day and the other the next or have 2 trams playing one of the games and 2 tteams playing the other.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]