MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Activity to learn vocabulary 
MES-Member

Post Activity to learn vocabulary
Hello,

This year I found a new activity to learn and practice vocabulary. We call it the "Magic Box". You need a card box (you can see through it) and little objects to put inside.
Every English class one or more kids list everything that's in the box (we have now 14 different things), and then we add something new.
Now we have things from the classroom but also things that the kids bring for the Magic box (little toys for example).
It works very well, the children are very interested and eager to do the list.

It's a good activity to start the class.

;)
Marie

Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:57 am
MES-Fanatic!

What a lovely idea. Thank you for sharing it. A fine way to keep revising vocabulary.

Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:05 am
MES-Addict

I always do this activity at the beginning of the year, but with questions, such as What is your name?, age?....etc and it works great too.If they do it correctly, they have a sticker.......bye

Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:09 am
MES-Addict

I add some vocabolary worksheets for young students.
Is it?
Do you like?
Numbers 1
Numbers 2
Tck Tack Toe Questions
How many words do you know?

Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:51 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

I use this game: I prepared a board with the letters of the alphabet, then prepared a set of cards. In each card there is a question whose answer starts with letter a, one question whose answer starts with letter b, and so on, covering all the letters in the board. Students roll the dice. If they land on letter "b" they are asked the question and they know that the answer starts with letter b. The objective is to get as many letters in the board as possible. If they fail the question, they can go back there but only after getting a different letter first.

Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]