MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
making a school introduction with Powerpoint 
MES-Zealot!

Post making a school introduction with Powerpoint
Here is a great way to introduce your school with videos, pictures, and text with beginning students.

I made a script for all the students and recorded it all on CD. I made each line a separate track and labeled it all on their scripts. I burned 4 CDs and had students in groups with a CD player listening and practicing
their parts.
(I used a Mac and Quicktime 7, but I'm sure there are other ways)
Then I had them record their lines on video. Again I used a Mac, Quicktime 7, and an Ichat cameral.

I then edited all on a powerpoint slide. YOu should be able to do this with any camera if you can get it on your computer as a file.
Once in powerpoint, click on INSERT and there should be an option to insert a movie file. Once you choose that, your video should be included on the slide.

The advantages of this is that I can add pictures and text to help aid in understanding. Also since I am videotaping in small chunks, students can redo their lines without too much problem.

The disadvantages are largely in me being computer illiterate. The quality is very low. It looks OK on a computer screen but is blurred when enlarged to a screen. Also Mac Powerpoints and Windows Powerpoints are different and I have to figure out how to make it run on Windows.
(any advice appreciated here....)

Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]