MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
ESL class for two spanish children ages 4 and 6 
MES-Member

Post ESL class for two spanish children ages 4 and 6
Hey guys,
I'm from the States and studying here in Madrid but also teaching some ESL in my free time. I have a class with two Spanish siblings, a girl of 6 years and a boy of 4 years. They are currently attending a bilingual school, and I am with the two of them for an hour each week. I've really been having some trouble engaging the 4 year old boy. He's incredibly energetic and gets distracted easily (like any other 4 year old) and cannot read yet. I also have to tend to his 6 year old sister who wants to practice her reading. I am clueless as to how to teach the both of them English, and I would really like to involve games as his mom really wants them to have fun with learning English. PS- this is my first ESL lesson.
Does anyone have any advice on any physical games they can play together to learn English?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:04 am
MES-Member

Post Re: ESL class for two spanish children ages 4 and 6
Any games that involve movement are really good for four year olds. Don't forget they usually have a really short attention span so you'll need at least three different kinds of activities.

Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]