MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Using alternative methodologies to your advantage 
Site Admin

Post Using alternative methodologies to your advantage
Last week we recorded a pretty good show at www.eslteachertalk.com on using different methodoligies in regular classes. There are some tips on how to take the good or universally useful points to the method and incorporate those into your teaching style (without adhering religiously to the whole methodology.)

Here's the like for that show
Intergrating various methodologies into the classroom

This show covers TPR and its use in receptive learning, suggestopedia and community language learning (CLL)

You can listen on-line by clicking on the listen to the show link
or download via iTunes or your favorite podcatcher.

Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:20 am
Profile WWW
MES-Zealot!

I listened to this episode a couple of times. I was impressed with the scope of knowledge of Sue Swift. The only problem I had was that she was very difficult to hear (granted I have a severe hearing problem) A lot of times she started her sentences loudly and got softer and softer. It was kind of like this.

Krashen said that whisper whisper whisper andwhisper whisper whisper andwhisper whisper whisper which I don't recommend for everyone, but whisper whisper whisper and so it's a nice idea.

I know the programs are skyped and that not everyone is ready for radio (read podcasting). I just found it hard to hear.

Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:48 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Yeah, that was actually a great show that could have been broken up into several different shows. Sue is a teacher trainer and has been doing that for 20+ years. She's excellent.

She lives in Milan and that was the best we could do for sound. She does trail off a bit and is a little soft spoken. Eric and I both bought several microphones and headsets before we found ones that worked well. Like you said, most people aren't that geeky, cough, I mean.. into podcasting. :D

We'd love to do more shows like that and probably will, but it takes some planning on my part and research. I want to make sure I get the names and references right. However, then it stops being fun and it starts to become work. For a few more shows we're going to keep it light. We have a couple more interviews lined up and maybe in Feb. we'll do some 'education' shows.

We actually got a little down on podcasting recently because we got zero feedback. But recently, after a few desperate calls for a response, any response please, spam us, we don't care, just let us know we're talking to somebody - type pleas, we got a response. So, I think we have a little more energy going into 2007.

Thanks for listening. :smt004

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]