MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
working with food 
MES-Member

Post working with food
:( Anybody could help me with activities to work food in Primary education? thank you very much

Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:03 am
MES-Addict

Were you looking for activities to use actual food in the classroom or just activities to talk about different food names? And what age and English level are you working with?

Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:26 pm
MES-Fanatic!

I do a "How does it taste?" lesson. That teaches the students about tastes like sweet, sour, bitter, spicy, delicious and so on. It is really fun because I blindfold them and have them taste different foods and they have to describe the taste; "It's __?"

Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:20 pm
MES-Addict

Oh, that is a great activity! You could also use the comparative forms and have the person say which is sweeter, more delicious, etc.

At English camp we often set up a snack bar and give the kids a certain amount of play money. Then they have to ask for what they want and pay for it.

Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:35 am
MES-Fanatic!

I have 4 boxes and the students have to risk points to choose the box with a treat. If thet choose the wrong box they have to eat what is inside. Kind of like "English Fear Factor!" Its really fun!

Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:23 pm
MES-Member

Thank you very much for your ideas. They are great!
I work with three different groups: One with five-seven years old kids, another one with eight- nine ones and the third one with ten eleven. I try to find activities to work with each group the same semantic fields.

Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]