MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
can we spell bored 
MES-Addict

Post can we spell bored
I have been teaching the same kids for over a year now, and it is painfully clear that me being foreign and all the novelties that come with it has run dry.

They are just bored of me and no game, no amount of energy, no amount of candy or sticker can fix it. I am on the same level as their parents. Just another old guy telling them to do something they don't want to do.

I don't even know how to ask for help on this one.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

I think I know what you feel. It is hard sometimes.
When I see that my students get bored I sometimes 'panick' - it is never a good reaction. It is much beeter when I stop and ask myself very basic questions (these are questions that I ask myself - they don't have to be your questions :)) For example: Am I here to teach them English and something else? Am I here to give them something good? Am I here to get them excited? etc....
In such situations I often come back to telling stories, drawing pictures or miming - I get calmer and students get calmer, but no more bored. They again start listening to me and watching me.
I hope that you'll get better soon. For the time being: fingers crossed!

Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]