MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Making Friends Conversation 
MES-Addict

Post Making Friends Conversation
Hi,

I teach private classes for a family with 3 girls (13, 10, 6). They travel overseas a lot and have contact with many foreigners. The youngest (and the mom) wants to learn what to say when she meets a new child on the playground or at the hotel pool. Has anyone seen flashcards or resources that might help with this language. We role play a lot, but it's hard to teach as it isn't a set vocabulary or situation.

Thanks,
Juli

Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:26 pm
Site Admin

How about using the comic strip creator, but erase all of the text, leaving the bubbles blank. Let the Mom and child fill in the blanks with possibilities.

You could certainly make a few different ones with varsious ideas of your own to get them started.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I was thinking a bit and I don't think a 6 year old usually asks things like "What's your name?". Generally they ask about something the other kid has or something the other kid is doing. What about using the recess activities flashcards and setting the scene that way. You could ask her if she met these kids, what could she say.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:03 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

I used the playground flashcards today, but she had no interest! Her sister loved them, though. I'll look at the comic site as I haven't seen it before. It's a hard topic to predict. I'll keep searching.

Thanks,
Juli

Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]