MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Volunteering with classes with no resources 
MES-Member

Post Volunteering with classes with no resources
I have volunteered previously in Thailand and the school had a photocopier so although the kids didn't have course books or workbooks I could photocopy pages out of my books and distribute them. Likewise with puzzles, word games etc. That worked out fine but this year I am going to Cambodia and my enquiries confirm the school doesn't have course books for the students nor a photocopier. What do I do? I don't have a vast experience and I can't imagine functioning with just a whiteboard. Any ideas please.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:23 pm
MES-Addict

If you have a laptop you are taking, or even just a large memory stick, take a heap of simple things like some of the flashcards etc from here and try to print them out in a net cafe for yourself. May not be able to hand them out but you will at least have a copy of them to use to help you out.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:44 pm
MES-Member

You can do a lot with plain paper, scissors and glue. Many times students in third-world countries are accustomed to not having books or materials. They are (or have learned to be) auditory learners.

Perhaps you could investigate what the national teachers do.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]