MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Using pictures in conversation 
MES-Fanatic!

Post Using pictures in conversation
Has anyone ever used a blown up picture as a teacing tool. I don't mean flashcard... I mean used a picture, like one of a park which people are going things, as a teaching prop push kids forward... I am going to expreriment in getting kids to use grammer that they have learned in the past and new grammer points by getting them to describe a scene with as much english as possible... Anyone ever try this??? Did it work???? if not what went wrong???? If it worked how did you do it.???

Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:09 pm
Site Admin

I do a small activity with students where they have to describe a picture to another student. http://www.mes-english.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8

That post actually describes using a movie scene instead of a still photo, but recently, I've been doing the same thing with just a picture to start. Then we work our way up to a video.

It's worked out well in every class I've done it with. I'd just say that make sure the picture is easy enough for them to describe. Also, the questions to answer later are really helpful to add a goal to the task.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]