MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
social work (teaching English to 6-year-olds) 
MES-Member

Post social work (teaching English to 6-year-olds)
we(our students) have an idea to teach english to 6 year olds in a preschool as the social work of the English C :-) lub.

Can you help me with the plan what to teach in every week and the activities as ı haven't taught to the youngs before.

I will guıde my students and they will be the teachers of the 6 -year -olds.

by the way,our 6 year olds will study english for the first time

Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:33 am
Site Admin

There is a curriculum here on MES-English
www.mes-english.com/curriculum/

That isn't really a step by step plan but will give you a backbone of order, content vocabulary and target language. Maybe that will help. :D

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:39 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

I recently started working as 'the Native English Speaker' teacher at a German kindergarten. The children range in age from 8 months to 6 and a half years :)

Teaching the 6 year old children is great fun. They respond well to songs with actions (even if they don't understand all the words - or any of the words, in some cases!). 'Heads shoulders knees and toes' done while lying on your back on the floor was a huge hit, for example (and gave me a good workout too :) ).

Let us know how it goes!

megan

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:32 pm
MES-Member

Post Curriculum
Hi Mark - Thanks for the link to the curriculum (above) - what a great resource!

I don't see a 'print version' button. I would like to be able to print the information (I admit, I'm old fashioned - I like hard copies :? ). I would like to build up a paper file and printing all the advertisements and the coloured headers etc is a bit irritating :)

Thanks Mark. I am working on material for my kindergarten classes today - this is a wonderful resource.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:22 pm
Site Admin

I'm glad you like the curriculum. I haven't heard much back on that, but I have had at least one other request for a print version.

I'm hoping to add a few more units over the next couple weeks, so I'll see what I can do about getting a printable version posted.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]