MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Teaching about an English Speaking Country. Ireland. 
MES-Addict

Post Teaching about an English Speaking Country. Ireland.
Hi!
When I was young I went to Ireland and I really love it. Beautiful landscapes, nice people and a rich culture.
Now as a teacher I like to teach the Irish traditions (leprechauns, banshees, ...), festivities (St. Patricks day) and so on. I think this country has a lot to be taught. Once I taught to 5-6 graders the song Molly Malone and hung it to the school web (sorry, now this web is obsolete). The did sing the song perfectly and the students learnt a lot about Ireland and its traditions.

I'd just like to know if you, teachers around the world, take this country into account when programming. I know that the USA and England may be more in textbooks and so, but, I just prefer Ireland :mrgreen:
See ya!!!

Thu May 07, 2009 4:58 pm
MES-Addict

I do Ireland but only really on St Patricks day. I also mention Ireland as an English speaking country and I do the flag as I do all the Flags of the British Iles and English speaking countries.
This is only because I have so little time and as I am from the Uk,London I do tend to do more about London as I know it better.

Sat May 09, 2009 12:34 am
MES-Addict

I know that the lack of time is a problem. We would like to teach everything but we just can't. But, if I have to work an English speaking country, i like it to be Ireland because it reminds me about good times and feelings. Also it has got a lot of motivating contents like leprechauns and other elves and fairies. Children just love them!

Mon May 11, 2009 4:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]