MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
tracking students progress 
MES-Addict

Post tracking students progress
How do most people keep track of what students have done in previous lessons? Paper files? Computer files? Thanks

Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:35 am
Site Admin

I have a notebook for each class. I write out my lesson plans or content for each topic on one page. The lesson plan is usually spread out over 3-4 lessons.

I can flip back through the notebook to see what we've done or what we might need to review rather quickly. Generally I can remember, but if a class has had a break due to vacations or something, it's sometimes helpful.

I have around 20 different classes that come once a week. My notebooks are sitting on my desk and (because I'm a bit of a geek) I just put some markings on the binding to keep the days of the week together and keep me organized.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:06 am
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

I have a weekly sheet. I teach 16 classes a week and as I move from school to school, I don't want it to be too heavy. I have all the schools listed down one side and a space to write things next to them. I fill it in at the beginning of each week and then amend it after each lesson or at the end of each day (or I would forget). I also do a letter a week and I have a folder with the letters in (thanks Mark) and on the inside I again have a list of each class and I tick off the letters as we do them.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]