MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
communicative competence 
MES-Member

Post communicative competence
Hi Everyone, Hello Mark thanks for accepting me here. :) I've been teaching here in Japan for almost 5 years in Elementary school. and finally, I opened my own school last year November, I dont have enough experieced when it comes to small students.
I would really appreciate it if u could give me some ideas, in your own teaching situation. How would you apply Sociolinguistic Competence, Strategic competence and discourse comptence.
I have another question, How would u handle or balance between teaching the Vocabury and recycling the old voc.
Thank you guys I hope u can help me.,

Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:51 am
Profile YIM
MES-Member

Wow, this is a difficult question. I think to help your pupils to learn English you need to have routines and keep asking the same questions and vocabulary to review because otherwise they would forget it. What I do is that I create games (most of them from this website) so the pupils have fun while reviewing. BEcause for them reviewing is like going backwards and they don't usually enjoy it but only if you play games.

Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]