MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
fun activities = lenient teacher? 
MES-Member

It doesn't follow that just because a teacher wants the students to have fun it means s/he's a pushover.

It depends on the teacher's motive. If there are games just to kill time or because the teacher already gave up on teaching the students then s/he's a pushover and lazy. :x

Games could complement lessons. If the students are learning while having fun then no one would complain. If they actually like what they are doing there is a greater chance that they would actually retain the target grammar or sentence. :D

Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:29 pm
MES-Addict

I’m going to say that for other subjects get down to it strict is a perfectly good way to do things – but for teaching languages it’s not very productive. Especially for kids. Without game time, I could easily teach twice – if not three times – as much, but nobody would remember a word of it. So what would be the point? I think a good teacher has to understand what needs to be done to make their classes work – whether that be strict disciplining or keeping things ‘entertaining’.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:44 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2