MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Arghh! Where's my whiteboard! 
MES-Member

Post Arghh! Where's my whiteboard!
A couple of weeks ago the whiteboard in my classroom disappeared. The boss says he doesn't know anything about it, but it's a bit strange that he just happens to be opening a satellite school right now...

Anyway, for the last two weeks, no board. I thought Oh no, I can't teach without one, but you know what? I reckon I was using it too much, always back to the class writing. Now I can't do that, the other things I've been doing have been going really well.

If/when I get my board back, I'm going to try to use it less. Just essential spelling and maybe the occasional game. But not writing everything all the time.

Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:55 am
MES-Zealot!

I know how you felt!! I recently had a class in a very small room with an even smaller whiteboard. I pannicked!! I was really upset coz I generally used the whiteboard a lot for writing lists of words, brainstorming etc. But, like you, I found that I could do lots of other things instead of relying on my whiteboard. When it came to playing games where I'd usually get the kids to come to the board, I gave groups pieces of paper instead.

There are always ways around these little problems!! :wink: :D

Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:42 pm
MES-Zealot!

When I started teaching English, I remember the head teacher would fill and erase the white board at least 5 times during a one hour and fifteen minute class. When I took over her class, I would use about 1/3 of the board and never touch the eraser. If I ever filled the board, it was usually drawings.

Turns out she would write down complexed grammar rules in English for the students (basic and intermediate) to copy into their notebooks. When I took over I asked them if any of them could read a rule they had copied and tell me what it meant. None of them could even read what they had copied.

I hate writing on the white board. You have to do it sometimes, but I hate it.

Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]