MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
listening passage 
MES-Addict

Post listening passage
Hi everybody! My students will have an English test next week and it consists of three parts listening, language and writing. What worries me is the listening part because i can't really find what i need on the net and i don't like to read the passage myself because i have to test them in listening and i want it to be authentic. I was wondering if a native speaker could help me by recording his own voice. If anyone is interested i'll post the script to be reccorded. Please help!

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:51 am
MES-Addict

That's a pity I got no answer ! Any one to help, please? Any idea about young learners listening sites? It's urgent!

Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:50 am
Site Admin

Post it or email it to me and I'm sure I can get it done for you. It's just one, right?

Are the scripts your own or copied from somewhere?

Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:53 am
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

Hi Thanks for answering back It's just one script and it's mine I made it myself

Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:20 am
MES-Addict

The problem is that I didn't manage to post it as it is. I can copy and paste it here but I don't think that would be ok. It is a Microsoft Office Word document. Can I post it? What shall I do? Help Mark!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:31 am
Site Admin

You can copy the text and post it here. That would be fine.

Or again, just email it to me as an attachment.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:45 am
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

I e-mailed it as an attachement. Did you get it? Please let me know if u have any trouble with the script

Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:04 pm
MES-Addict

"Dear Mum and Dad,
How are you ? Are you all OK? What’s the weather like in Norwich? The weather in Jerba is lovely. Jerba is a big island. It has a nice sea, lovely beaches and big hotels.
The Soltanes family are very friendly. Every day, we go out and they show me wonderful places and popular cafés. People in Jerba welcome me everywhere I go. They are great!
It’s 10 am now, I’m writing my letter on a Tunisian table. Aly and his 2 brothers are watching TV. Imene is tidying up her room. Mr Soltane is washing his car and Mrs Soltane is cooking couscous with lamb and vegetables : Mmm ! It smells delicious!
That’s all for today. I miss you all ! Give my love to Jane
Yours,
Peter.
=================
NB : Jerba : / ‘ dg ∂ r b ^ /

Aly / ^ ‘ l I /

Soltane / s o l ‘t α: n /

Imene / i ‘ m e n /

Couscous / k u s ‘k u: s / ( ‘ = stress )

“I hope the phonetic transcriptions will help you because I guess these words are unfamiliar to you.”[/u][/url]

Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:14 pm
Site Admin

http://cdn.libsyn.com/eslteachertalk/latifa.mp3

Let me know how that is. I couldn't read the phonetic symbols and your email hasn't come through yet.

Anyway, listen to that and let me know if you can use it.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

waaaaaaaaaaaw!!! It's great and it's just what I need. You know you saved me! u're an angel!!! By the way u pronounced Jerba perfectly but for Imen the stress is on "men" ( pronounced like man)Never mind u really did a great job.
As for the phonetic transcriptions, I couldn't find the symbols on my keyboard that's why they aren't very clear.
Mark, would you mind giving me a hand whenever I need it?

Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:22 pm
Site Admin

It real isn't much work to do that (5 min.) but I can't guarantee I'll have the 5 min. to spare on any given day. I still haven't posted the pictures from my Christmas party to my school's website :shock: If I have a week or so, it should be OK.

I'll be more than happy to try, but you could just post it and leave it open for anyone to record it for you. We're talking about every now and then, right? Not like 2-3 times a week? :P

Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:29 am
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

I assign a listening test every term. this means I may need this kind of help every 3 months. Anyway I'm sure u're doing ur best to help all mes members. By the way I want to tell u how fantastic ur flashcards and worksheets are. The flashcards made things much easier for me and my students loved them very much. Thanks.....

Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]