MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
young learners are learning family words 
MES-Member

Post young learners are learning family words
Hi everyone,I've been teaching to young learners for two years,this is an amazing experience for me. Each day I learn more and more with them,the young ones always keep me alerted. I love my job and my learners.This week I am teaching family words, I prepared activities including cutting and gluing but I want to diversify my courses.I am searching for your interesting experiences.Thanks then.

Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:26 am
Site Admin

It really depends on how much you want to do with the language. But, this is a slight variation of a good idea that was sent to me by Olinda. Use the family flashcards and board game from MES-E.

- Give each of the family members names. Write them clearly on the board with the pictures.
- The first person rolls the dice. And he lands on 'brother.' The first player says 'I'm Kenny.'
- The next player rolls the dice. He lands on 'father.' He says 'I'm Mr. Sanders. I'm your father.' (the second player must indicate his relationship to the first player.)
- The next player rolls the dice. She lands on 'mother.' She says 'I'm Ms. Sanders. I'm your wife.' (indicating her relationship to the previous player.)
- and so on until they reach the end.

This can be done with a few players working on one board and racing another team using a different board.

It can be done as a timed race where you time them to see how long it takes them to complete the game. Then play again and see if they can beat their previous time.

If they make a mistake you can have them go back to 'start.'

Family flashcards
Family board game

Teaching vocabulary around family has been discussed a few times here. Check out some of these older thread for some ideas:
http://www.mes-english.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1345
http://www.mes-english.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=991
http://www.mes-english.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=802

There are a lot of ideas in there but if anyone else has some ideas please post them here!

Teacherella - What did you end up doing in your classes?

Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]