MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Lesson plan for Ask/Answer 
MES-Member

Post Lesson plan for Ask/Answer
Hello,

If you want to give your class an ask and answer activity about a lesson they read. What would be the most fun and creative way to do it according to your teaching method instead of reading the questions in the book which I consider really boring. Is there any lesson plan or game you would like to share?

Many thanks ahead

;-)

Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:47 pm
MES-Member

an element of competition always peps up an activity. I tie the answer to Monopoly money or a chip and the one with the most money or chips is the winner.
I put different monetary notes in a bag and the child draws a note and keeps the money if he/she answers correctly.
It is amazing how this element makes the most boring excercise exciting.

Another game I play is word scrabble. I make a table with the diffenent words which come in the text and which they need to know and use. I give each word a value depending on its difficulty. On their turn the children have to make sentences using two words from the table and they get the points for the two words if the sentence is correct.

Children are very competitive and it is amazing how much effort they will put into getting a sentence with a high value.

Good luck!

Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]