MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
If you teach pull-out students... 
MES-Member

Post If you teach pull-out students...
What is a reasonable number? How long do you spend with each group? What is a good size group? Are groups scheduled back-to-back all day or with downtime in between for prep/planning/conferences/etc.?

I've just accepted a bilingual/ELL pull-out resource position. The school has not had one before so I get to help design the program. My principal has told me that I will have a "reasonable" number of students and that everyone in the school will be "grateful" to have me. It sounds like it is going to be a good environment.

Any suggestions for getting started would be wonderful. I've never done this before and the principal and I are starting from scratch. I've also not taking any classes toward my bilingual endorsement, but will be starting that in Jan.

Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:42 pm
MES-Zealot!

Please excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by "pull-out"??

Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:27 pm
MES-Member

Please excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by "pull-out"??

The children are all in regular classrooms by grade: kindergarten through 5th grade (ages 5-11). Most of the other teachers do not speak Spanish (the dominant language of the ELL/bilingual students). My students will be "pulled out" of their regular classrooms for a short time (maybe an hour) each day for instruction in English, math and reading.

Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]