MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Big Bugs? 
MES-Member

Post Big Bugs?
Hi everyone,

I would like to ask your advice on which coursebook to use with 9-10 year-old children. What do you think about Big Bugs (Macmillan)? Isnt it too demanding? Thanks, Gigi

Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:59 pm
Site Admin

Gigi - welcome to the forums! Sorry no one has gotten back to you.

I've never seen the books, so I can't really comment on Big Bugs per se but almost all of the course books I have seen are demanding. That's why I created all of this stuff. MES-E resources are meant to bridge some of those gaps and give students the practice they need, between pages 4 and 5.

So, if Big Bugs is good as far as the content, order, presentation, balance and so on, I'd say use it. But, just add in the extras that your students need as they need them.

What requirements do you have placed on you by the school? Do you have to finish the book or can you roll over the second half of a book into next year?

Where are you teaching? public school? country?

as an aside: I took 4 years of French. Each year I had a different book, and I don't think I ever finished a single textbook. In fact I don't even think we got through 2/3 :|

Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

I've worked with BUGS for the first four years (from 6 to 9 years-old). The book is really fantastic and I love to work with it because of the pictures, the songs, the activities....everything is really attractive, but watch out with Bugs for older ones. They are just boring and with a very high level that does not correspond to the lowest courses.

Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]