MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Help! Open class, any suggestions? 
MES-Member

Post Help! Open class, any suggestions?
Hi dear all!!! :D
I love this site and the games and activities have proved to be wonderful!
My kids (and teens, and adults!) love these games.
Now, I need some help. I'll be having an open class at school (It's been years since the last one! I've forgotten eth about it!)
I have a group of 7 girls, between 10 and 11. It's supposed that they show their parents what they've learnt so far, but the point is that we have just started our school year and we've just been doing revision. I've asked them what they'd like to do and they are willing to take part in a kind of play. Is there any site where I could get some scripts freely? I thought of Little Women but I'd need sth shorter, since it'd be a 50 minute class. (fortunately!!) I've decide to include some of the wonderful games from this site as a closing, but I need some script, please!!!
Thanks very much in advance, and if you happen to have any other idea, it'll be mostly welcome!
Keep up the good job!

Karyb

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:05 am
MES-Zealot!

You can get some FREE short plays (and all sorts of plays too :lol: ) at http://www.geocities.com/pocolocoplayers/short.html Peggy the Pint Sized Pirate is a fun one for kids

Although you say your students are about 11 years old, you don't say what level they are at. In an open class, it's a great opportunity to show what the students can do, and a play is a great idea. But I'd suggest that you show a broad range of activities ie 10 mins spelling and perhaps phonics, 10 mins conversation questions ( What's your name? How old are you? What's your favourite sport? How's the weather today? ~ depending what level they are) , 10 minutes word game. The parents need to see that the kids are learning and that they're not wasting their money! Use the students' strengths and create a lessson around those.

Good luck!

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:58 am
MES-Member

Although you say your students are about 11 years old, you don't say what level they are at. In an open class, it's a great opportunity to show what the students can do, and a play is a great idea. But I'd suggest that you show a broad range of activities ie 10 mins spelling and perhaps phonics, 10 mins conversation questions ( What's your name? How old are you? What's your favourite sport? How's the weather today? ~ depending what level they are) , 10 minutes word game. The parents need to see that the kids are learning and that they're not wasting their money! Use the students' strengths and create a lessson around those.

Good luck![/quote]

Thanks!!
I am trying to open the site, but the connection is rather slow today.
My students are being prepared to sit for the FLYERS Exam at Cambridge University. I understand what you say but the open classes where I work are generally a short play, a couple of songs and I've been thinking about using some of the great games we have in this site. I have to do sth easy to understand since most parents don't know English.
The site looks great!
Thanks again! :D

Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]