MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
teaching sequence 
MES-Member

Post teaching sequence
hi !
I need some help to make a teaching sequence about animals and another about foods. I had to start with an album (like Brown Bear...)
Can you help me please?
thank you

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:20 am
Site Admin

What is it that you want to teach? just the vocabulary or are you trying to tie in some target language? How old are the students? How many students do you have per group?

I teach animals using the flashcards. I show several flashcards and say the words. The students can repeat if they want to but they don't have to. If they are young enough, I have the students mimic the animals as I say them. We change from animal to animal. I might add a few more animals to the list and then we do another receptive activity. I say the word and students grab or slap the correct card.

The next lesson, I work on production and I generally use animals to teach 'What's this?' 'It's a ...' or to talk about attributes 'Elephants are big and heavy.' I play another game or two, usually concentration and then bingo.

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:07 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]