MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
places - Home Alone 
Site Admin

Post places - Home Alone
Home Alone

(Places Vocabulary Set)

I woke up one morning and realized I was home alone. My brother was at the playground, my sister was at the library, my mother was at the supermarket and my father was at the hospital.
I had never been home alone before and I was very excited to have the house to myself. The first thing I did was find my dog Stinky. I dressed him up like a bear so I could pretend I was at the zoo. It was fun for awhile but Stinky didn’t like the bear costume. He started running around the house and he knocked over a lamp. The lamp broke on the floor and started a fire on some newspapers. I ran to the phone and called the fire station. The fire was getting bigger and bigger. I was scared so I hurried outside and ran through the park to the bus stop.
I got on the first bus that came and got off at the train station. Then, I took a train and got off at the school. I went into the school to find my teacher but the school was empty. All the teachers and students were on a field trip to the amusement park and the museum.
It was almost lunch time now so I went to a restaurant. The food was delicious but the restaurant was very noisy because it was next to the airport. As I sat there eating my lunch I was scared and worried. I had set my house on fire and ran away from home. Just then, a police officer came into the restaurant and said “Are you the boy who started the fire?”
He took me to the police station and told me I was in big trouble. I started to cry. I cried and cried and cried. As I was crying, I could hear the sound of a bell. The sound of the bell grew louder and louder. I stopped crying and opened my eyes. I was at home in bed. The sound of the bell was my alarm clock ringing. It was only a dream. I jumped out of bed and ran to the kitchen to give my mother a hug. Then and there I made a promise to myself that if I was ever home alone I would play safely and be very, very careful.

Questions

1. Where was his brother?

2. Where was his sister?

3. Where was his brother?

4. Where was his sister?

5. Where was his mother?

6. What was his dog’s name?

7. Where did the teachers and students go on their field trip?(two places)

True OR False

1. The restaurant was next to the airport. (T or F)

2. Stinky liked the bear costume. (T or F)

3. The boy took a train to the school. (T or F)

4. The teacher was at school. (T or F)

5. The fire was caused by a broken lamp. (T or F)

* by andiusaugustus

Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:53 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: places - Home Alone
Great story! This is just what I was thinking of.

Alternative ending
mesmark wrote:
Then and there I made a promise to myself that if I was ever home alone I would play safely and be very, very careful.

to

Then and there I made a promise to myself that if I was ever home alone I would never dress Stink up like a bear.

Maybe a rabbit ...

Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]