MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
body part crossword puzzle 
MES-Zealot!

Post body part crossword puzzle
Hey Mark,

I can't seem to get my body parts crossword to come out right.

I selected the images and typed in the text using all 16 provided spaces, however, I never got more than 8 to show up on my puzzle. I thought I did something wrong, so I started over, but got the same result: 4,5 or 6 items on the puzzle.

Finally I thought maybe it was because I was using firefox, however, I had the same result on explorer.

Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:29 pm
Site Admin

Actually the problem is probably the word list. The body parts vocabulary are each very short words. there's not much to build off or on to.

The best suggestion I have is to put the longer words first on the list (if you have them) and then the others. The puzzle builds from the first few words down.

Sorry if that doesn't really help.

I might be looking into improving the logic on both the crossword maker and word search maker in the spring.

Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Zealot!

I tried to mkake them real quick yeaterday for todays classes. While I was walking home last night I wondered if what you mentioned was the problem.

For now I am just going to make several small ones and kind of past them together, so one sheet will have 3 or 4 small crosswrods.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]