MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Mark your the greatest! 
Post Mark your the greatest!
Hi Mark
I just wanted to thank you and tell you that your site is the best site I have found online for teaching young learners. The kids really respond to the flashcards and they love to play the bingo.

There is one thing that I would like to mention that has been problematic. Since the earthquake on Dec 26th off the coast of Taiwan, reaching the site has been difficult. It is now repaired but there continues to be some problems. This may not be your problem but I will mention it.

I keep getting I/O errors when trying to load the pdfs with Adobe reader. I have re-installed 7.0 and have been able to successfully download one of the files. It was the one with the school rooms. I have not been able to get any of the other ones. The others that I use, I have printed out and use regularly. However, I have not saved many to my disc, so I frequently return to your site as classes move through their lessons. This problem occurs whether I try to open the file in firefox, with Adobe reader, or when I attempt to download the file using "save page as". It could just be a problem on my own system. Everything displays correctly with the files I have on disc, in both firefox, reader, and Foxit viewer.

I know you probably don't have the time to respond to everything on the site but perhaps others may have had the same problem. If you or others have a suggestion thanks in advance.

Your site is top of the line, thank you so much for all of your efforts and I'll be hanging around more now that the net is back.

Worldtour

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:50 am
Site Admin

I'm really glad you like the site and it has been helpful to you.

I don't have an answer for your problems. I'll ask some other webmasters I know if they are aware of anything we can do.

The files are large and sometimes I get errors in the data transfer even with a good connection. It's just a hassle that comes with large files. The only suggestion I have is to right click and save to disc but it sounds like you tried that.

If there's something you know you need and you can't get, just send me an email and I'd be happy to forward the file/files along.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

BUT, everybody please check out this thread for possible ways to fix downloading problems before you email me requests http://www.mes-english.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3

I understand the frustration of files not downloading but we have to fix the problem. You should have access to everything on this site. So, if you're having problems, please check that out.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]